The farm is the ideal place for who wants to find a different world from the urban one, a world where to discover healthy habits to bring home, together with an unique souvenir. Because:
- Firstly, it’s a farm, where people work and produce: so it cannot be found in the middle of a city of art or just on the seaside;
- It is not a hotel or a restaurant in a generic countryside: it’s a productive microcosm that lives in synergy with the cultivated country;
- It is the place where the farmer puts his experience at the guests’ service and guide them in their discover of the farmer culture, of the local productions and of the rural country;
- It’s a synonym of warm welcome, because the guest feels himself “at home”;
- It’s an ecological holiday: you eat healthily seasonal foods; garbage is recycled; the resources waste is careful.
Keeping in mind these five characteristics is important in order not to get disappointed and to approach the holiday in the farm with the right spirit: a holiday surely full with experience and emotions.
The activity of the farm is nationally ruled by law n. 96/06 and by specific regional rules that define, in each territory, the dimensions and characteristics of what is on offer; this has enabled to create a largely broad-based offer. This fragmentation of the offer is a richness that reflects traditions, cultures and habits, but where making a choice is not easy.
Sometimes flipping through a catalogue or visiting a website is not enough. In order to have information and suggestions it is better to get on touch with the association secretary (national, regional, provincial): its staff can help guests to find the better solution in conformity with their needs and tastes.
Whoever chooses on its own, consulting a paper or an on-line guide, must read carefully the info supplied by each farm in order to select the one conforming with its desires. A contact with the owner, better if by phone, will supply you more detailed news and the certainty of having found the farm with all the required comforts and services.
The reservation, sometimes compulsory (summertime, Easter and Christmas vacations, spring vacations...) is always suggested in order to avoid disappointment.
Farms associated to Terranostra, at the moment of their adhesion, commit themselves to the welcome card established by the association: a rule book where the contractor commits himself in granting a family-like hospitality, maximum transparency in terms of communication, information and prices, the respect of the laws in force, the use of zero-km products (or anyway products of his territory), the availability in having the farm and its productions inspected, the agreement to the principles that inspire the Campagna Amica Foundation and all its initiatives.
Recognizing a farm associated with Terranostra is easy: outside,by just checking the identification plate of the association they are requested to display; inside,by the welcome card, conveniently subscribed, an agreement with the consumer they cannot disrespect, if they want to stay in the circuit Terranostra-Coldiretti-Fondazione Campagna Amica.